Job Type: Full-time
The position is on-site, applicants must be willing to commute or relocate. We are currently seeking Advertising Sales Executives in Des Moines (IA), Rockford (IL), Peoria (IL), Lubbock (TX), Austin (TX), Columbus (OH), and Canton (OH).
If you’re a dynamic sales executive looking to join a fast-growing tech startup then this may be the right opportunity for you!
TapOnIt is a leader in the mobile advertising and marketing industry. Our unique text messaging platform drives awareness and traffic to local businesses while making it easy for consumers to save money. We have a constantly growing database of local users that have opted-in to receive offers and promotions from local businesses via text.
Driven by an entrepreneur with expertise in digital advertising and building user opt-in databases, the company is experiencing significant growth and is looking for an experienced advertising sales executive to join our expanding team.
The primary responsibility of a TapOnIt Advertising Sales Executive is to increase revenue through client visits, cold calls, and overall revenue-driving activities. This position directly impacts and is responsible for achieving or exceeding their revenue goal in the market.
- Consistently meets/exceeds all revenue targets
- Demonstrates expert knowledge and understanding of all TapOnIt sales and marketing assets to transfer the knowledge to help clients achieve their marketing goals
- Follows TapOnIt prescribed best practices on Pipeline Management and Sales Generation
- Reviews market activities to develop new business by understanding customer needs and formulating campaigns that provide value to the customer
- Drives customer retention through excellent customer service and in-person visits
- Effectively communicates with management to provide accurate revenue forecasts and market intelligence that may impact revenue (+/-)
- Maintains the highest levels of personal and professional behavior in the workplace and in the market
- Has in-depth knowledge of accounts, prospects and market variables
- Provides an appropriate mix of direction and strategy. Collaborates with their manager on strategy, innovation, etc., to ensure that new ideas are developed and presented to clients
- Consults 1:1 with their Sales Manager every week to review performance to goal, new business opportunities and challenges
The ideal candidate has the following:
- Degree in Sales, Marketing or Business preferred; or equivalent work experience in the media-related business.
- Sales experience, preferably in an outside sales environment
- Prior experience in digital marketing sales
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and rapidly growing start-up, managing multiple priorities in a deadline-oriented environment
- Authorization to work in the United States
- Knowledge of the mobile industry and text messaging
- Knowledge of competitive media landscape; use for new business development and sales analysis
- Highly motivated, self-starting individual with initiative and drive to succeed
- Ability to close new business and lead a team to exceed sales targets
- Experience cold calling and other prospecting techniques
- Successful track record of pushing past rejection and achieving results
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to build and deliver effective presentations
- Strong networking and community involvement skills
- Eagerness to learn, continually seeking to improve sales skills
- Strong time management and follow up skills
- Computer and software experience with MS Office programs including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license and reliable transportation
What we offer:
- A startup environment that is fast-paced, agile and collaborative with few rigid boundaries
- Meaningful projects that make a difference
- Competitive compensation package with bonus opportunities
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- A company culture that values employees’ unique skills and allows them to grow
- Equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status
Send us your resume and if it stands out, you’ll hear from us! If we have jobs posted on other platforms, there is no need to apply there also. We review and consider every applicant on all platforms.